Saturday, June 9, 2012

Newborn Photography - Have i found yet another calling ?

Ok, I don't mean to sound like a Jack of all trades, but my darling cousin had the cutest baby girl a few days ago and i randomly suggested we have a newborn shoot for her. I didn't think, i just said. You know those moments when your mouth doesn't consult your brain ? Something like that.

I'm mighty sure you have seen those God awesome pictures of little toes and little fingers hanging from a laundry basket and sundry. Now now, don't call Child Protection Services yet. These are priceless I promise and just to throw out a disclaimer - No child is hurt during the filming of these sessions. I had an NB shoot done for Imaan and I drool over those canvases till date.  Something about 5 day old wrinkley babies. They just seem so unaware and immune to the chaos around them !! And i digress again ! So, where was I ? Yes, come shoot day, I pulled out my car and filled it to the roof with random props in my house and headed to the client's house where i set up a makeshift studio. Imaan was confused as to why I was packing her Dr Seuss books and Toy bins and tutu's. But I was a lady on a mission and I stuffed my car with everything and the kitchen sink ! I later realized I had my yoga mat in there too !!! Don't ask why. If I ever figure it out i'll inbox you ! LMAO.

So anyways, moving right along. I went, I clicked, I edited. This is my first amateurish attempt, so please be kind. If you ever decide to be a ballerina or a tattoo artist, I promise to reciprocate the support !




I like how they've turned out and I think I might have found yet another calling. If you know me, you know I find callings like these pretty often. Ha !

Photoshop is kicking my ass but i'm taking baby steps. Anyone out there using Photoshop or Lightroom ? I'd love to know which one you prefer ? So help a friend out a little, won't ya. I might just have a business on hand here. Never know!

Stay Fabulous until next time,
Tara

4 comments:

  1. Plz inbox me if u Eva learn bout d mysterious yoga mat lmao!!!!! Job well dne Appi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that i think of it, its for the new found sleepless mommy. Poor thing has just realized what she's signed up for and could use some serious quiet time on a pink yoga mat :)

      Delete
  2. One word... AWESOME!!!!
    Baby pics are such a great investment. I love seeing my kids' professional ones... They do grow up too fast!
    Good job Tara. I'm not surprised... ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you maam ! I looooove imaan's too. And yes, they do grow fast, though sometimes when im hanging on to the last thread of patience, i cant wait for her to grow a wee faster lol !

      Delete